Obligatory First Post Introduction

I would like to say I am no stranger to the world of blogging -- as a teen I had one I used as a venting platform and a place to hammer out creative fan fiction ideas. That one eventually died and gave way to an ambitious, yet short lived blog on my adventures in moving from Southern California to Northern Utah for college. I don't know for sure what I hope to accomplish here, maybe this will evolve into a blog on my adventures in domesticity, or just on my life in general. Either way, if it lasts longer than a year I shall call it a success. Who knows, maybe this will end up being more helpful for me in remembering and sharing recipes, crafts, and general fun.


So, here goes nothing.


First off, a bit about me. I am a late 20's gal, happily married to a late 20's guy, living in a just big enough apartment with three adorable rats. Yes, you read that right, rats. And by rats, I don't mean a creative euphemism for children (i.e. rugrats), I mean four legged, long tailed, sniff-piffering, eye boggling, bruxing, will-chew-a-hole-in-any-shirt-you-remotely-like rats. Two girls and a boy, to be precise. Their names are Amethyst, Pearl, and Little Bear. They are my pride and joy and some of the best pets I have ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with. This blog will probably be dotted with stories of their shenanigans along with photos of them. A word of advice to anyone reading -- if you don't like rats, that's fine. That's your opinion and you are welcome to have it, but just keep that to yourself. I know rats are viewed as vermin to a vast majority of people, and I will be the first to admit that wild rats can cause problems. However, mine are not wild, and have never been wild -- they're all pet shop rats, born in captivity and raised in captivity. Yes they like to chew holes in anything and everything, but that's one of the things that comes along with ever growing teeth.


My husband and I also have pet fish. You wouldn't think that fish would have a personality, but as we've come to care for ours we have noticed that they do. Some are more laid back, while others are slightly spastic. We have three tanks right now -- an 8 gal cube with assorted aquatic mosses and golden bee shrimp, a 5 gal with one beautiful crown tail female beta fish, and a 10 gal amazonian tank with two veil tail female betas and five neon tetras. My husband is planning on building a 20 gal long tank and condensing the 10 gal and 5 gal into one. We have the tank, we have the filter and heater, we just need the stand and to figure out exactly what we want in the tank and where we will have it.

When we're not planning aquarium set ups and playing hide and seek with our furry friends, my husband manages a local doughnut and sandwich shop, and I'm a cashier at a local big-box grocery store (whose name we do not speak of). My husband is currently attending college to become a video game developer, and in his spare time enjoys playing Star Wars X-Wing at a local table-top game shop on Friday Nights. We're both big nerds, to be honest. Being married to him has been a great chance for me to stretch my nerdy wings and be open and honest about some of the things I have been interested in for years -- namely Legend of Zelda and Pokemon.

That's all I can think of to write at the moment. Needless to say all of these points are just previews on what I will most likely be writing about here.

Comments